Guide For Shampooing And Conditioning Your Hair!
Posted on January 05 2021
The long and luscious locks of hair on your head, are surely everyone’s most prized possessions. Ironically, we tend to invest the least amount of time in our haircare. Especially in winters, your hair is brittle, dry and more prone to breakage. Your scalp also has a snowstorm of its own! Getting your basics right is the way to go when it comes to haircare. We bring to you a guide on the right way to shampoo and condition your hair.
Why should I use a shampoo and conditioner?
Shampoos are a cleansing agent. It helps you get rid of all the dust, dirt and grime from your hair and scalp.
Conditioners are formulated with natural oils and proteins to help make your hair soft, shiny and smooth and also protect them. Conditioners leave a thin film on your hair after you rinse them, which helps protect your hair and keeps them manageable for longer.
The combination of shampooing and conditioning ensures that your hair isn’t overly dry and also keeps them feeling soft, supple and manageable!
Step 1: Shampoo
- The first step is to wet your hair with lukewarm water. Make sure you don’t use hot water directly on your scalp, as it may dry your scalp
- Use a coin-sized amount of shampoo and massage your scalp with the shampoo
- Work the shampoo to the lengths of your hair as well, but focus predominantly on your scalp
- After you've massaged your scalp for about a minute or two, rinse all the shampoo out of your hair thoroughly. If possible, use cold water for this step. The cold water helps lock in the moisture and adds shine to your hair. However, you can opt for lukewarm water too
Step 2: Condition
- Before conditioning your hair, make sure your hair doesn’t have any shampoo residue
- Take a coin-sized amount of conditioner on your palms and gently massage it on the lengths of your hair
- Do not apply conditioner to your scalp
- Leave it on your hair for about 3 mins
- Rinse your hair with an ample amount of water
Once you get your basics right, your haircare will reap you maximum results! Head over to Marbella Naturals and experience luxurious haircare enriched with the goodness of Bhringraj extracts, Shikakai extracts, Hibiscus extracts, Tea Tree oil, Neroli essential oil and much more!
Is There A Differen...
As the temperature drops, your skin gets drier and flakier, moisturization becomes your best friend. Moisturizing in the night and once through the...Read More
The Power Of Exfoli...
Dry skin and wintery days go hand in hand. As the temperature dips, your skin starts to feel flaky, dehydrated and stretchy. Moisturizing your skin...Read More
Guide For Shampooin...
The long and luscious locks of hair on your head, are surely everyone’s most prized possessions. Ironically, we tend to invest the least amount of ...Read More